Saturday, May 03, 2008

Life


Here's another proud mother moment. Ryan's painting, the one he entered in the Junior Federal Duck Stamp Contest, came in second out of 178. WOW, it almost got to go to Washington, DC. Pretty cool. It's now hanging at the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge. Time for a field trip !


Anna and two of her cousins are taking Swedish lessons at the Museum. Their enthusiasm is so cute. Anna has Post It notes all over the house. This one made me laugh.It's kinda hard to see but she put one on a fading tulip I had here in a vase.


I've fallen way behind in posting pictures. These were taken at a B&B knitters meeting. Linda's Noro Felted fish, Kristin's hand dyed, Navajo Plied sock, Katie wearing a shawl knit by Kristin of dyed reclaimed yarn, and Katie's felted slippers.







I LOVE this little knitting bag from ZigZagStitches on Etsy.com



My second skein that I've spun. It's brown lambs wool which I bought thru the Oregon Wool Growers. It's very soft and luxurious. It did have quite a bit of vegetative matter in it though.

It's been very hard emotionally the last two weeks. God, it hurts alot. When will this ever subside ?


WHEN I compare
What I have lost with what I have gained,
What I have missed with what attained,
Little room do I find for pride.

I am aware
How many days have been idly spent;
How like an arrow the good intent
Has fallen short or been turned aside.

But who shall dare
To measure loss and gain in this wise?
Defeat may be victory in disguise;
The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments: