Saturday, May 24, 2008

Life in general

The sun feels so good today. I have five days off to revel in it. For whatever reason my nerves are shot and the last few days even Inga couldn't make me smile. Sunshine should help though. Tried to putter outside this morning and groom DC and Sherman. Cheery Welsh poppies are blooming all over the backyard. My landscaping plan is the "Back to Nature" look !


Took a great mitten class from Tuulia
at the museum.

Aili's mittens
It's a fun and fast pattern. Used my all time favorite general purpose yarn Berocco Ultra Alpaca. It's heavenly soft and I didn't realize until I got to class that I chose Finnish colors !

Some of the samples she brought to show us.

My favorite- Kainuu mittens


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi: I enjoyed looking at all your Scandinavian textiles. I myself am half Norwegian and seeing such textiles make me very happy. I am wrtiting this because I couldn't find your email to respond to your post re: the three-day workshops in September. They sound very interesting. Just a note that these dates are the same as the Oregon Flock & Fiber festival which is being held in Canby, Oregon. Flock and Fiber Festival days are September 27-28. Are your classes held on separate days? Thanks for working on this. I am really looking forward to the next Nordic event.

Kaaren@aol.com

Pam said...

Hi Karin,

I recently lost most of my past email, and with it went your contact info. Please get in touch with me:

Pam Allen pam@classiceliteyarns.com.

I have some yarn samples for you!

Pam