Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

It's quiet here today. Ryan is at work, Marc is sleeping, and Anna is babysitting next door. No big plans for the day except for a nice dinner of Fettuccine and Clam Sauce, amongst other things, prepared by them. I like these kind of low key days.

This is Ryan's latest. He will be entering it into the Night of the Arts Snohomish School District wide arts contest later this month. It's from a photo taken on a 4H cross country ski trip from a few years ago. It's lovely of course !


Started yet more projects. The mitten is knit from yarn given to me by Heather, who brought it back from Cortes Island. Borrowed ideas from Ravelry taken from the Instant and Lovikka mittens. I don't have much confidence trying to come up with little design ideas myself. Tried to embroider it with Ullcentrum yarn from a pattern in "Scandinavian Embroidery by Edith Nielsen". Not sure if I like the way it's turning out but then again I'm pretty self critical.



The inspiration for this scarf was from a lace mat in the Finland Room at the Museum.
I'm using Crystal Palace Yarns - Panda Wool "Ultramarine" I hope I can keep on track for this project. Having a pharmaceutical lobotomy kinda makes it a challenge !!
Would love to become proficient with lace knitting someday.






















Olwena AKA Wennie, Wenners, Wrenniekins, Wenster, Cutesy girl, and my little Corgi.
Goofy names thought up by all of us.
She loves to "play toy". Wanted to capture the joy on her face when she brought me this sock to play tug of war and fetch with. Ahem.... bad habit to promote ripping up socks and all :) She doesn't do it very often but with that happy face she can get away with it ! She's pretty spoiled. Did someone say Cesar Millan ?

No comments: