Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Reflections

Like love, grief fades in and out.

Mason Cooley







It's been a year since our lives changed drastically. I keep wanting to wake up and find that nothing ever happened, even after a year. The effect of another person's addictions can be so heartbreaking, emotionally wrenching, permeate almost every aspect of our lives. We did not ask to be in this situation yet here we are trying to pick up the pieces. My heart aches so for my children having been exposed to this. "It's not what happens to you, but how you react" I try and keep that in my thoughts but it is a struggle. It does take time to heal and we are so blessed with family, friends, and counselors who try and support us thru this.

Our destiny, our being's heart and home,
Is with infinitude, and only there;
With hope it is, hope that can never die,

William Wordsworth



"Graham Thomas" blooms on even into November.















Thank you Barbro for the booklet and the wonderful wristwarmers !
Bought these shawl pins from a friend of hers when I saw them on her blog.
I love hearts. One will be a birthday present for my oldest sister who has taken up knitting again.














Finally broke down and bought a Kromski wheel. I so look forward to learning more about this craft from friend Karen and Heidi at The Artful Ewe
Found this Gotland/Silk blend on Etsy.com





To those who keep their hearts their own
The winter is the spring.

John Clare


No comments: