Sunday, November 18, 2007

Landmark Passage


Oh, they make me smile. When Ryan was driving us all up to take their written drivers test Marc was teasing him by talking in a monotone voice like a drivers ed instructor "Please accelerate evenly when going thru a turn", "Slow down please, you are exceeding the speed limit", "I said left not right". Ryan smiled, I was laughing so. Friday they took their driving test. The woman who gave their test one after another looked pretty serious and grumpy when they started. Afterwards she came up to me, smiled, and said " Your boys are great" That just warmed my heart. They PASSED ! Marc looks rather like Leonard Nimoy in this pic I think :) They are both such goofballs. Anna is pretty cheery and goofy in her own right.

There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.
Henry Ward Beecher




Donna gave me this wonderful yarn she brought back from Sweden on one of her trips. It's from Wåhlstedts Textiles. Used a little Berocco Ultra Alpaca on the bottom.


















Used parts from patterns I had done earlier from Kids Knits and Blue Sky Alpacas.






Even if I weren't having a "pharmaceutical lobotomy" I am not a technical knitter. I jump from project to project just learning a little bit as I go. It gets pretty intimidating to be around people who are "knitting techies". There is so much to learn. "One day at a time", "Rome wasn't built in a day", " All good things come to those who wait" !!

Adopt the pace of nature; her secret is patience.
Ralph Waldo Emerson


I am thinking of doing the "Jaywalker Scarf" pattern I found on Ravelry.com with these two Claudia's Hand Painted "Midnight". They are from the same dye lot but so different in color !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get some knitting therapy it helps!

Barbro