Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Faroese Footlets Nordic Knitting Conference


Took the Faroese Footlet class with my new friend Donna. It's amazing how the Internet brings people together. We met because of Barbro and her blog.
Anyway, it was taught by Marilyn Van Keppel. Here are some of her examples. During lunch she showed an interesting travel video on the Faroe Islands.








I started my first one with Barbro's homespun and Berocco Ultra Alpaca









This is what Pat Brunner was working on in her free time at the Conference, one of her own designs.














The Museum gave board members a nice gift certificate for Acorn Street. Had a blast shopping with my 15% off coupon.




Sammy aka "Life in the Fast Lane" with his mother Poco. He's only five months old and almost as tall as she is !

2 comments:

Ogie said...

I grew up wearing these. I will have to get a couple cousins to send me some. I haven't had any for years.

Jaw1045 said...

I am an accomplicted knitter, but faroese footlets have me baffled. I don't understand how to pick up the stitches after the heel flap. Did I MO
Iss something after the flap? I have a rectangle, is that right?