Monday, October 01, 2007

My baby girl



My baby girl turns 21 tomorrow. Hard to believe so much time has gone by. She is very excited to hit this landmark age. She's racing out first thing to get her new drivers license. Here she is wearing the YO diagonal scarf I made out of "Wool in the Woods-Cameo-Rainforest" She smiles often and has a great sense of humor.

Went to B&B knitters last week to learn about dyeing with Kool Aid from Charisa.
The first attempt with Knit Picks Yarn was tomato soup red and mottled I don't know what ! I also dyed some Jamieson's Charcoal with Grape. It came out a nice aubergine color which is hard to see in the photo. I tried redyeing the Knit Picks yarn with mixed results. Would love to get a cranberry red but it is better than tomato soup now ! I hear it's hard to photograph red so it shows it's true color. The mottled yarn is now darker. Will have to experiment more later !






Few helpful websites from Charisa.

  • Wool Festival Kool Aid
  • Gaea Creations
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    What beautiful colors and patterns! This will inspire me to start knitting again.
    Is she really 21? I have pictures of her age 2.

    Speldosanite in Ohio