Friday, October 26, 2007

Vivian Høxbro Nordic Knitting Conference

It made the Seattle Times !


















Took the Danish Nightshirt from Falster on the third day of the Conference. Half of the joy for me in these classes is hearing the history and stories behid these tradtitions. I knew I was going to have a hard time with the technique as my thought process is pretty shot but I loved it anyway. It's hard to see the detail in the photos but I hope someday to try this style in a smaller project. She is a very kind, gracious, and patient teacher.
Ms. Sundbø remembered seeing a nightshirt in the museum's collection a few years ago so that was found and brought out for viewing.




















Pat Brunner, Conference board member, pattern designer, and booklet editor, looking lovley in this jacket.








The much bandied about tote !!



I just got on Ravelry.com and LOVE it !




Cindy giving Rita a good scritch. She's adorable !
Lovely Rita mini maid, nothing can come between us,
give us a wink and make me think of you........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I ordered the booklet, it came yesterday, it's great, wonderful patterns, a welcome addition to my library.