Friday, September 28, 2007

Spinning lessons

Karen C. was kind enough to set up a spinning lesson at the
  • The Artful Ewe
    in Port Gamble. It is a charming shop and Heidi, the owner, is very knowledge and friendly. Started with drop spindles and moved onto Kromski wheels. I love the old world look of them. I am coveting the Minstrel !







    I brought my great grandmother's flax wheel to see if it was use able. Unfortunately it wouldn't draw in the yarn. I have been wanting to learn to spin for a long time so it was fantastic to finally get the chance.


    This shop offers hand dyed roving, yarns, and much more.



    Karen made me really laugh when she told me what her husband calls Alpacas-
    Space Poodles !










    Voted "Favorite pet from the planet Endor"


    Coming soon- pictures of Karen's charming studio.
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Karin, you are in my prayers. Even as Graham Thomas continues to bloom in Nov. against all odds, we can also do the same.
    Peace,
    ~Trella