Sunday, September 09, 2007

Just another day....


Finished the Knitty.com "Askew" top for Anna but haven't blocked it yet. Perhaps I'm afraid when I do, I'll find it doesn't fit her ! This is odd but the colorway of this SWTC "Karaoke" yarn reminds me of tropical saltwater fish.















Went to Sweden for the first time in 1976 to visit my sister Melissa, who was studying in Uppsala. We went to Medelpad to visit relatives where I bought this cross-stitch kit in a Sundsvall hemsljöd. Wish I still had the directions so I could see where the pattern originated.

I'm going to try and start going back to the "B & B" knitters. I need to start getting out of my pity party and start really enjoying life again ! Easier said than done but it has to be so. Life goes on irregardless.
They are going to do some Kool Aid dyeing at the end of this month.
Charisa sent me some great links. I had never seen Kool Aid dyed gray yarn before. Very cool.
www.thepiper.com/fiberart/koolaid/images/colorchart-max.jpg/




Some of her handiwork.

http://charisa.smugmug.com/photos/140051029-M.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1289/1241449665_98d7e29007_b.jpg
I really want to try birch leaf dye also ! Too much fun stuff in the world and not enough time to do it in !

No comments: