Monday, June 18, 2007

Seven degrees of Nordic















I love the DPN holders. What a great idea !
Seven degrees of Nordic knitting hmmm.... I received this CPY Panda Wool as a gift because of a Mitered (Domino) Shawl I was knitting. The sock pattern came thru a Swedish website called

http://www.garnkorgen.se/

Gratis mönster på Internet ( free pattern on the Internet ) but is from Michigan !

http://stitchesofviolet.blogspot.com/2004/12/old-shale-two-yarn-sock-pattern.html













Miniatyrhästar Sammy och Poco















Clematis " Dr. Ruppel " winding thru the vine maple in the backyard.















"But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine. "
Thomas Jefferson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jag kan berätta att min stickkompis här har haft besök av sin släkting som föder upp miniatyrhästar i USA.
Kram och du har en underbar blogg.

lanternmoon said...

Greetings! I have discovered your blog (Yea!) and have been reading through the old posts...do you have any clues where I could locate a copy of that Sirkka Kononen Hand Made in Finland book? I am just over in Everett, and look forward to reading more of your posts! Thank you so much!

Morgen

Karin said...

Hi, Sirkka's book can't be found in the US. I had to order it thru the Library of Congress. I contacted her directly and she sent me a copy. She'll take US cash.
Her e-mail address is sirkka.kononen@solmu.fi
It is a book about her life and designs. There are no patterns in it. You can buy kits of her designs
thru a Finnish company. Go to oneofsusannas.com to get the info and e-mail address.
Her designs are fab !
Thanks for visiting my blog !
We also have a Nordic Knitters Yahoo group with the upcoming Nordic Knitting Conference in October. Visit www.nordicmuseum.org
Karin