Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A chilly day













Slow progress on my Ullcentrum shawl. Very simple pattern which is good for me with my mindset these days. Feels lovely.

Our yard looks best in the Spring and early Summer with the rhodies, roses, and others at their peak. After that everything peters out ! My friends make fun of me for choosing plants because of their names ie: "Anna", "Karin", etc.. How can someone with Swedish heritage NOT have this rose in their garden though !

"Lichtkönigin Lucia or Lucia, Queen of Light " 1966

See how the buds are tinted with orange like a candle flame then open to a beautiful yellow.







“There are always flowers for those who want to see them.”
Henri Matisse



Friend Cindy introduced me to Antique Roses when we first met 16 years ago. Yes, most of them only bloom once a season but what a show !
This one seems the color of French Vanilla ice cream, Ghislaine the color of peach ice cream.

Albéric Barbier 1900











Ghislaine de Feligonde 1916

















Anna and Morris foal "Seven"

2 comments:

SheepsPyjamas said...

What luscious roses, and lucky Anna with her baby snuggles!

Strumpstickan said...

Great Shawl!