Sunday, March 04, 2007

Winter Wonderland


Much to our surprise it started snowing last Wednesday and thru the night. When we awoke Thursday morning there was 8" of snow. Thankfully I had the day off so could enjoy the beauty of the crisp clean wonderland. Tess and Sherman, the minis, played in it on and off all day. Tess was extra cute by burying her head in as deep as she could and then flinging the snow up in the air over and over in what seemed like much joy. Wish I owned a video camera. Wennie was funny to watch with her body just above the snow and her little Corgi bunny butt dashing thru it all. Mari, our ten year old Lab/Whippet mix had mixed feelings about it all. She definitely takes after the Whippet side with her demur and ladylike demeanor. She hates water and will walk miles out of her way to avoid a mud puddle. In her eyes it is only fit for drinking !














This is my progress on the Crystal Palace Mitered Shawl.
I like the feel of the yarn.











We had another board meeting today for the Nordic Knitting Conference. I think it went very well. I appreciate everyone's hard work. Registration will probably be up by late Spring.
We also talked about having a tour of the Museum's fiber arts related artifacts and behind the scenes collection. That will be fantastic I think !

No comments: