Sunday, March 25, 2007

Not much new















Ryan painted this female mallard from a picture he took in Sweden at
Växbo Kvarn, the linen museum near Järvsö. He just mailed it off for a state contest. Here he is with his instructor Carol Noble at the classroom in the Arts of Snohomish gallery. She's been a tremendous teacher and a very caring person. He's now working on a painting from a picture he took of Kronobergs Castle ruin outside of Växjö. I can't wait until it's finished. He is a sweet and funny guy.











Not much new here knitting wise. Sounding like a broken record it's still hard to concentrate when knitting. I'm constantly making mistakes but hopefully this too shall pass. Just a few pictures from my stash. CPY Merino Frappe' and Stripe, and Mountain Colors Twizzle "Ruby River"















Had a nice chat with Barbro this morning. Love those calling cards.
It's so amazing to be able to talk to someone clear across the world
at such reasonable prices now ! This cheered me up.

Another board meeting today so off to work on that ! Besides, Wennie the Corgi, is wanting to play "toy" ! Who could resist that little face standing up on her short little legs with her squeaky toy ! I LOVE dogs. They are always so happy.

Focus on the positive. Life is a blessing and a gift.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bird painting! Please show the castle painting when it's finished. And lovely coloured yarns you have there too.

Anonymous said...

I just love your sons painting, and wait so see the new one finished!
And the yarn! At the left side... it look yummie ;) Merino and I could just feel it... ;)
Hugs from someone from Sweden - Värmland... yes, one of us who knits on Värmlands museum - Barbro you know... ;)
Bim
Sjöbackas blogg

stickveronica said...

Your son is very talented! The paintings are beautiful. The painting from Växbo Kvarn is special to me since my uncle owns Växbo Kvarn and I have spent a lot of time there during summers. I still visit at least once a year. I adore their linen yarn and have knitted a shawl with it and it is so soft. Now I live in Karlstad and am also a part of the Karlstad knitting café.

Karin said...

Thank you all for your nice comments !

The area around Järvsö is beautiful. We have friends who live there. Well, all of Sweden is beautiful to me ! We had a wonderful time on our trip.

I'm very anxious to see how the Kronosberg Castle painting will look too.