Thursday, December 21, 2006

Loved ones and more yarn !


Times like these make me think of beloved family members. Bertha Winroth (Brita Nilsdotter) my great grandmother and her daughter Anna Alida Winroth Anderson,my grandmother. I have fond memories of visiting them in the nursing home. I would sit on the bed behind my gammal mormor in a chair, take the hair pins out, and brush and brush her long hair. She would give me a big hug, kiss me with a clucking noise, and give us hard candies and change for the old soda machine for Orange Fanta. My grandmother made us feel special too. She was very crippled from Rheumatoid Arthritis and in a wheelchair. She would give us loving hugs and I remember one year her letting me write "Luv" when addressing her Christmas cards.


















I thought I had purged the house of Red Heart a year ago but just found some in the back of the closet. I started a charity blanket from a pattern found in a brochure at church beginning with just 4 stitches.
The yarn I bought from Kristin who belongs to B&B knitters too. She spun and dyed it herself. Beautiful colors and wonderfully soft.

No comments: