Sunday, July 09, 2006

Great times


Friday Karen and I spent a great day together. First we went to Weaving Works. This is a fabulous store in the University District. My first Yarn Harlot books were purchased there. She is such a hoot. I heard her first at Madrona Fiber Arts. I laughed so hard I cried ! Thanks Karen for the books to read on the plane ! Also picked up Spin Off. I love these sheep puppets !
Next we went to an Afghani restaurant in Gilman Village. My coworker told me about this place. The food was delicious. My first time sampling cuisine from that country. Cultured Purls was a wonderful yarn store also. Definitely worth the trip there.
Saturday I popped into Country Yarns. Bought " Folk Shawls" to add to my collection.
It is such a cozy shop and Teresa is great to talk to.
Back to Weathered Wool for some Claudia's Hand Painted Yarns. Thanks Chris for showing me this wonderful product along with Lorna's Laces. Was even inspired to start thinking of a larger project for my husband. Too much wonderful yarn out there !

No comments: