Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hotter than Hades

Remember when we were complaining about the cold ?


(photo courtesy of Karen C.)

103F
39.44C

What a heat wave. Anything over 72F/22.2C I'm usually whining. This is way too much, it needs to cool down. There is nary a fan to be found in Western Washington. As soon as more arrive in the stores I'm stockpiling !

Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation.
Kin Hubbard (1868 - 1930)




Fiber related exercise !
At Karen's a few weekends ago to dye with Kool Aid.



Three Black Cherries and an Orange reminds me of Antique Rose.























Started a simple sock pattern with this KA multi-color skein. Looks pretty interesting for a first try at variegated. Thanks Karen !




My sweet little Betsy






I claim this fan !

How ladylike !

1 comment:

punkin said...

I like your dye projects very much. The antique rose is one of my favorite colors, and I like the way the self-striping came out. I definitely want to try this.