Saturday, June 21, 2008

All things fiber


An idyllic scene of Freisian sheep grazing in the pasture.
A few weekends ago an afternoon was spent at the Fiber Frolic at Gretchen's Wool Mill.
Women spinning on the back deck, the whirl of wheels, the exchange of gentle conversation, and the sharing of ideas all made for a lovely day.














A month ago my two fleeces arrived from Wee Croft Finnsheep As soon as I opened the box I dove my hands into the lovely lanolin fiber and the scent made me miss not having sheep.


They are GORGEOUS. I love the silvery bits in the light fleece "Lilac"
"Sadie" is the other.





















It's hard not to be self critical of my early attempts at spinning. Don't look too closely ! I'm not usually an orange person but I was drawn to this cherry/orange combo from Allspunup

1 comment:

Irene said...

Hi Karin!
Love the sheep and your yarn.I haven't learb´ner how to spin yarn yet.Rumor says that I will get a spinningwheel for free soon.
Miss you!

Irene