Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Spring has Sprung




Was so surprised to wake up yesterday morning and see an inch of snow covering the yard. I think it's the first time I've seen snow in April in my lifetime here. Yes, I'm a rare native Washingtonian ! Hail, Emmet Watson ! Sunday I spent some time taking pictures in the yard appreciating the beauty of the day.

























This is the cupboard again painted by my mother years ago. I now use it for my yarn stash. The decorative sunflower like design is quite cheery.

"The better part of happiness is to wish to be what you are."
Desiderius Erasmus

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karin.
My name is Ulrika and i want to have contact with anyone in your Seattle nordic knitters group who´s intressted to have some one to mail with etc.
Hope for luck.
Best wishes Ulrika from Hammarö.
My mail jagjag47@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous scarves! Where did they come from?

Karin said...

The scarves came from Sirkka Kononen's shop in Finland.
They are beautiful !