Thursday, January 18, 2007

Proud Mother moment



My seventeen year old son Ryan inherited artistic talent from his mormor I think. When he was 15 and in that everything is boring and stupid phase I MADE him take private art lessons as he put it.
Well, now I think he is enjoying it more. On our trip to Sweden he was looking for photo opportunities for inspiration. He loved this view of the Järvsö Church from the bridge showing the church long boat.
I think it turned out wonderful. He's been so kind lately. To cheer me up he'll sit and watch Monty Python with me which I absolutely love. Laughter is the best medicine. Nothing is funnier than the "Norwegian Blue Parrot " sketch.

Boy, I better start working on some Nordic knitting to live up to my blog's name !Still plugging away on the Farmhouse Lumpy Bumpy sweater for Anna. Have the body done now onto the sleeves and hood.

Saturday is the Portland Train Knit Adventure. I'm really looking forward to it. I've never been on a train in the US and it's lots of knitting time down and back, chatting with fellow knitters, and enjoying the scenery. Once there we plan to hit three yarn shops and the fabulous Powells bookstore. Kristin has spun a special order skein for me called " Be My Valentine" which I hope to start the Evelyn Clark
heart scarf pattern with. No yarn diet for me ! I'm sooooo addicted ! Thanks Charisa for organizing this.

Listening to Renee Fleming, soprano, her "Sacred Songs" album. Very peaceful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful painting :)

Beautiful site.

Anonymous said...

Ryan is a very talented guy! What a special and masterful painting. Your pride is truly celebrated in his talent. What an outstanding depiction of the lovely Järvsö church. My question...Will he be painting more Swedish landscapes and will they be for sale?.....

Let me know....Hugs, Karen C.