Saturday, October 14, 2006

More Slöjd Kalaset and it's a blue day......

A few more pictures from the Museum in Karlstad. It was a wonderful exhibit and I'm so happy we went with Barbro.



It is a gray day and I guess I'm letting it make me feel blue. I don't seem to get much knitting done but spin my wheels with everyday family life, the Nordic knitters, work, pets, etc.. I think I have Adult ADD ! I've let the chaos of my childhood haunt me for too long. I come from a long line of packrats too. Thanks to Chris at Weathered Wool for suggesting an organizer to help me out. Little did Debbie know when she agreed to work with us what she was up against ! She's been here two days and I feel there is light at the end of the tunnel as far as dejunking the house and bringing peace and harmony into our surroundings. The downstairs bathroom, cupboard,laundry room, and part of the family room have been done. I can't wait to get the kitchen and dining area finished. It is so hard not being able to find anything. Soon the yarn stash and all crafty things will be more accessible and I hopefully won't have to keep buying things over and over because I can't find them ! There has to be a hundred pairs of scissors in this house ! It is daunting but I am trying to rejoice for every bag and box that makes it out of the door for donation. It will be hard to change a lifetime of bad habits but I want to try.

On to lighter subjects. I just cut out a hat from a felted black sweater from a pattern in " Second Time Cool" If it turns out it will be for Ryan as black seems to be one of his favorite colors-typical teenager I guess ! Have to decide whether to embellish it or not. Off to sew it up.

No comments: