Thursday, September 28, 2006

Felted bag

At one of our B & B knitters meetings Charisa brought some old sweaters she had felted and was giving away. Several members brought fabulous items they had created too.This got the creative juices flowing and I made this bag. It was a blast ! I turned the sweater inside out as I liked the kind of homespun/handwoven look to it. To hide the side seams I sewed on strips from the back of the neck and then cut some of the Nordic looking stars from the rest. The side pockets can hold straight needles.


The handles are from the ribbing at the bottom with plastic tubing on the inside.Thanks B & B for the inspiration. As soon as I finish this post Anna and I are heading to the thrift store!Thanks Karen for taking the pics !









We had our first Nordic Knit Cafe' at the Museum Monday night. There were 25 of us.Yay! Alot of ideas were bounced around for what we want this group to be.

No comments: