Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ack Värmland, du sköna




What a wonderful trip ! Where do I begin ? It was great to meet Barbro after reading her blog the last few years. We went to the Museum in Karlstad, went yarn shopping of course, and had a wonderful dinner with her family. Here she is modeling a sweater she designed featuring Värmlands provincial flower the Skogsstjärna.
See the wonderful mitten she designed also with this lovely little flower. The pattern is on her blog.












This shawl was knit from yarn she spun and dyed with plants from her garden.




This is the wonderful Värmlandfår wool, alpaca, and nystepinna I received from Barbro and some of the great yarn I bought in Karlstad and Borås.

Many more pictures coming as I sort them out !

1 comment:

Ulla said...

I'm looking forward more reports from your travel to out country.You really had a good guide in Värmland.I hope you could see some "Bohusstickning" too.In Dalarna there are so lovely patterns and they also have twinned knitting.Next year there are going to be a big meeting In Leksand I think where there are going to be some days of knitting too.
I wish you good luck with your knitting
Ulla in the north of Sweden