Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gray skies are gonna clear up ( I hope ! )

I awoke this morning to a blanket of snow and it's still gently falling. I'm starting to yearn for spring, bright green shoots poking thru the earth, and the warmth of the sun. I love living here, and couldn't think of moving anywhere else, but as I get older I now understand why people become snowbirds.


Inga pictured after the last snowfall, my little rolling igloo !






It's still hard to concentrate even after two years. I have been experiencing more fatigue which hampers my ability to perform little tasks. Spinning has been put on hold and it seems to take forever to knit any project. I started the "Northern Lights" scarf pattern by Marilyn Van Keppel which is in the Nordic Knits booklet. It's supposed to be based on an Icelandic design called "rose trellis". I'm using Koigu and Nature's Palette







Betsy, the cuddlebug

Mari loves her "kids", especially Ryan with whom she sleeps with every night.

Wennie, the "corgster"




















"The girls" Anna, and her cousins Jessa and Elisabeth.
It is so heartwarming to see how close they have become.

No comments: