Sunday, February 11, 2007

Nordic Track














Well, it's time to get back on the Nordic Knitting track again. It's been several months since I've worked on anything Scandinavian. This is the Schoolhouse Press hat I started over a year ago which Wennie, the Corgi, chewed the needles off. She has destroyed circulars, DPN, had her own fiber festival (taken from another blog with the same problem) with roving and balls of yarn. The latest casualty is a ball of kid mohair. Some dog owners never learn !

I'm sure knitting while on a treadmill has been done before but if one
wanted to do that here are a few yarn caddies featured in the Spring 2006 Spin Off issue. This is the same issue that had the fabulous Estonian Sheep Puppets.
I think I'd fall flat on my face though if I tried !

The one above is called "Cabled Yarn Caddy" by Maureen McGinnis Patterson.
The other is " Crocheted Bag" by Meta Thompson.
She was given an old piece that had belonged to the grandmother of a second cousin on a trip to Sweden. She recreated it into this cute little bag. The way I crochet though it'd end up being big enough to carry a basketball in !















1 comment:

SheepsPyjamas said...

The hat's looking fine; I love the colors! Glad to see it has recovered from its corgi attack...