Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hood Canal

It was good to sleep in this morning. They predict snow which we don't get very often so I hope it does ! Listening to Josh Groban's new Xmas CD "Noel" I"ll be home for Christmas is a touching rendition which brings a tear to my eye. I wish the album was more classical than pop but it's growing on me.

Friend Cindy took me to a family cabin on Hood Canal last weekend to celebrate my birthday. It is in a lovely location. It was pretty chilly though as there is no heater in the living area. We wore many layers and tried to coax the fire into providing a little more warmth. Stopped at Linda's Knit and Stitch in Silverdale on the way. It is a charming shop. Had to buy at least one skein - Farmhouse Lumpy Bumpy "Autumn" Watched DVDs, knit, and partook of the wonderful food that Cindy made. Thanks Cindy !!




Mist floating on the water, slowly burning off as the morning went on.
















Finished a cloche hat to give to Anna for Xmas. Making a pair of fingerless mitts to match. Used Farmhouse Lumpy Bumpy "Rhythm and Blues" I really like that yarn








These came this week from AnneSofie of Slöjdmagasinet.nu. Was very happy to get them. My Nordic knitting book collection is slowly growing.

No comments: